If you are at all conscious of what it takes to run a business in today’s digital age, you probably might have no less than a basic understanding of what search engine optimization (SEO) entails & why having it is so essential.
However, there’s still quite a bit of mystery involved even with all we know about SEO.
We have a clearer picture of what Google desires to see & what tactics actually improve search rankings but for few, those two factors may not always line up well enough for their liking. This is usually where we see a difference between white hat SEO & black hat SEO.
The aim of both black hat & white hat SEO is to make certain alterations that will end up being sympathetic for a website’s visibility on the internet. But the way these strategies are executed can make all the difference.
Let’s figure out what is White Hat SEO: How to Rank better ethically?
What Is White Hat SEO?
The term white hat SEO is the tactics of SEO that are in line with the terms & conditions of the major search engines. It refers to practices that improve your search rankings on a search engine results page whilst maintaining the integrity of website & following the search engines’ terms of service.
Few examples of white hat SEO include:
• Offering quality content
• Speedy site loading times & mobile-friendliness
• Use of descriptive, keyword-rich meta tags
• Making website navigation easy.
Why Are White Hat SEO Techniques essential?
Indulging in Black Hat SEO practices can get your website banned from Google & other search engines. Being the #1 search engine, Google is visited by millions of people per day, & every visit presents the potential for your website to be discovered by a new user.
Google is unquestionably the powerful source of traffic to your site, & if banned by this search engine giant can result in a drastic drop in the website traffic & hugely impact the business.
Just think about all the work that goes into your website & then consider about what it would be like to be banned from the world’s most commonly used search engine. The worst part is that once you are banned from Google, there is no assurance that they will ever re-list you. A permanent ban from the search engine would have terrific consequences. Then why risk it?
Should You Implement White Hat SEO Methods?
Without a doubt! Putting into practice White Hat SEO practices is the best way to create an ethical & sustainable website.
There are certain methods which are highly recommended to follow in order to make your website search engine friendly called the White Hat SEO techniques which are useful for the SEO experts to stay away from unethical methods.
- Non-Deception – The first & the primary aspect of White Hat SEO technique is avoiding fraud, what so ever it may be. You must provide original copies of your website to both bots/crawlers & visitors.
- Following the rules of search engine – SEO techniques are made in order to improve search engine performances of websites, to make sure that the website achieves its objective. But to achieve this target you need to abide by the guidelines of the search engine, however, violating can be very expensive at times. You can refer to official Google webmaster guidelines for the same.
- Serve visitors-White Hat SEO technique is of the view that contents or images used on the websites must be created for visitors & it should not be influenced in any way to satisfy the search engine needs or results.
- Good quality content-Content is the main aspect of SEO techniques. There should be no room for poor quality content. Any SEO expert must use good quality content for search engines as well as for the visitors. The content should be both informative & helpful for both of them. You can also make use of descriptive, keyword-rich meta tags when creating meta descriptions for each page on your website to enable search engines as well as searchers to discover your content. You can make use of SEO keyword research tools to discover the keywords that are more relevant & then your site content should be optimized.
- Good quality web pages- Making use of good quality web pages ensures that performance of a website remains in a good condition, irrespective of the minor changes in the algorithm of search engine process.
- Making website navigation easy- Be alert when organizing your website’s architecture. Sites which are easy for users to get around tend to perform better in organic search results too.