Search engine optimization (SEO) helps search engines find and rank your website higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query. It seeks to improve the way content is ranked by search engines in organic search results.
SEO surrounds both technical & creative elements required to improve rankings & drive traffic. The way search engines rank your website changes constantly for which you will need to keep up with the latest SEO developments to move ahead in the competition.
The good news is that there are plenty of tools you can use to tackle SEO & improve your rankings. Let’s introduce you to our favourite SEO tools:
Google Search Console:
It’s a collection of services with a wide array of tools helping you to figure out how a search engine views your website covering many different aspects of SEO.
For instance, it enables you to examine any crawling errors that have occurred on your website, helps you figure out when your site is affected by malware, what keywords people are using to find your website, backlinks you have received, etc.
If you’re concerned about your Google Results Page rankings, these tools can be a necessity. Here there’s a clear focus on Google results. Google Search Console is very easy to understand & getting started by just adding your website.
Some Key Features:
- Monitoring how Google sees your site.
- Keeping track of what keywords visitors are searching to reach you.
- Figure out on crawling errors, sitemap errors, etc
- Updating your robots.txt file
- Monitoring your site backlinks.
- Get notified if your site is infected with malware.
HubSpot’s Website Grader:
HubSpot’s tool Website Grader helps businesses uncover search engine optimization (SEO) opportunities. To use this tool, all you have to do is enter a domain & wait for HubSpot to generate a personalized report on separate scores for your website’s performance, mobile-friendliness, SEO, & security. Let’s analyze these factors:
- Performance score analyses your site’s page size, requests, speed, etc.
- Mobile Readiness score examines if your website is mobile-friendly in terms of responsiveness.
- SEO tool helps determine whether your website can be easily searched by both bots & humans for which it takes parameters like window titles, meta descriptions, etc into consideration.
- Security tool looks for things like an SSL certificate which serves as a way to prove your website both authentic & secure for contact information submissions.
You simply need to plug in your website URL and an email address to get it started & you can expect a score (1-100) for different parameters as well as a detailed personalized report in a few seconds.
Apart from Website Grader, HubSpot also provides a handful of paid SEO tools to improve your results.
Woorank‘s in-depth site analysis takes into account the performance of SEO initiatives, social media, usability, etc & helps marketers unveil opportunities for improvement & optimization. It’s similar to HubSpot’s Website Grader, where you give it a link and it will provide you with a full-fledged report card by giving you a single score for your entire website. It launches a list of things you can do to improve its SEO & mobile-friendliness. Every report is divided into the following sections:
- Mobile Friendly
- Visitors, etc
Woorank makes it easy for users to download their reviews as branded PDFs making the presentation more streamlined than ever.
Price: Free for a 14-day trial, then $49/mo for a Pro Plan or $149/mo for a Premium Plan.
This tool reports the performance of domains as a whole as well as their specific pages. One of the main features of this tool is allowing you to plug in a website page to see which keywords people search for & reach out to you, the rankings of keywords, page rank for that keyword, monthly search volume of keywords, etc. It also helps you to check how your page performance is when compared to competitors as it enables you to peek into their competitor’s text & media ads, analyze backlinks from other websites to yours, research appropriate keywords, etc.
Price: Free for up to 10 results/day. Premium account sign up starting at $99.95/month.
Moz Pro is almost similar to SEMrush, where it enables you to research both specific long-tail keywords and other domains. This information can be used by you to avoid keywords with less potential.
If you search into a keyword using Moz Pro, it will show you a difficulty score that explains how challenging it can likely be to rank for that term. You get a summary of how many people are searching for that phrase. You can also create lists of keywords for easy comparison. One unique thing about Moz Pro is that it offers you a Chrome extension to get info regarding any domain you visit. It can offer suggestions about on-page optimization & notify you about crawling errors, similar to the Google Search Console.
Some Key Features:
- Researching the competitiveness of the keyword, its search volume.
- Getting suggestions based on related keywords.
- Investigating your competitors, including keywords they are targeting.
- Equipped with a Chrome extension to look into other domains without going to the Moz website.
- Comparing multiple keywords using custom lists.
- Get on-page optimization suggestions and error alerts.
Price: Free users can perform up to 50 searches/month & premium plans start at $99/month.
Varvy’s SEO Overview Tool
This tool provides a comprehensive report in less than a minute by diving deep into different aspects of your website’s performance with information like their domain strength, links, image SEO, social counts, mentions, page speed, etc.
Some Key Features:
- Checks to see if your website follows SEO guidelines laid by Google.
- Provides a quick report, including clear information on how to fix each issue.